Something exciting is making a splash at Toronto’s waterfront. The Redpath Waterfront Festival will take over our shorelines this September and will feature a very special honorary guest!
This year’s “water weekend” will take place at HTO Park and Sugar Beach, with a whole lineup of water-centric entertainment and activities.
From food trucks to live music to larger-than-life displays, this year’s festival is bringing the fun back to the waterfront after two long years.
You can take an outdoor sweep class on the U of T fields this week
A modern winery has opened in Toronto’s newest food destinations & here’s where
Most importantly, though, is the guest of honor who will be in attendance — a 65-foot working replica of Theodore Tugboat from the beloved Canadian TV series of the same name.
The tugboat, who goes by the name Theodore TOO, has spent his years cruising around to various Canadian cities to delight its residents. This September, you’ll see him chugging along the waters of Lake Ontario in the festival area.
Below is a list of the highlights this year, for the Redpath Waterfront Festival:
- See an exciting lineup of local talent on the RBCxMusic Stage in HTO Park and the Bayside Village Stage in Sugar Beach.
- Say ‘Toot Toot’ to Theodore TOO Tugboat, the 65-foot working replica of the original TV character.
- Visit with the Parks Canada team to learn about protecting the ocean and snap a selfie with their giant inflatable Beaver.
- Meet the Royal Canadian Navy crew and learn about what it takes to be a sailor.
- Enjoy interactive cultural activities with Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation, Moccasin Identifier and Indigenous Tourism Ontario. Enjoy delicious eats from local food trucks at the Billy Bishop Airport Picnic Lounge.
This is one of the final outdoor festivals of the summer season in Toronto, and it’s safe to say that we’re going out with a splash!
Redpath Waterfront Festival
When: September 17 & 18, 2022
where: See festival map